Thursday, March 28, 2013

Leather Sheath for a Llewellyn Blade

  
This is the first "official" sheath I made. I used a sexy 9 oz. vegetable tanned piece of leather, died it with Fiebing's professional black oil dye and it is hand sewn.

I wanted to keep it simple, so I used a pattern that would incorporate the firesteel. The one pictured is temporary; I have a larger firesteel I will use which will fit it beautifully. Take a look at those rivets, oh my that's pretty...

You can tell the logo I stamped is generic, but it's a skull, so I am pleased. One day I can order a custom stamp, maybe. The knife is a custom blade made by an acquaintance from the Survival Monkey, named Valkman (Don Llewellyn). He lives out in Las Vegas, but doesn't make blades any more. I also own one of his fighter blades made out of CPM 154 steel. I paracord wrapped this one, though.

See more here at my YouTube Channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment